• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Co-signed for cell phone,owner didnt pay phone bill....

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

RW2

Hi,Im from British Columbia, Canada

My question is,

I co-signed for a cell phone 4 years ago,and the person I co signed for ran up a $4000.00 cell phone bill,and has not attempted to pay it off.The person I co signed for is an American citizen who has been living in Canada for 5 years without a Canadian citizenship.Ive had collections aggencys after me wanting to know where the money is.The person I signed for was offerd a deal by the collections aggency to pay $2,100 flat out and have the bill paid for...but he did not attempt to persue that offer.I have no credit thanks to this situation.What are my legal options?

thanks for your time a knowledge.

Roy W

Shay-Pari'e

RW2 said:
Hi,Im from British Columbia, Canada

My question is,

I co-signed for a cell phone 4 years ago,and the person I co signed for ran up a $4000.00 cell phone bill,and has not attempted to pay it off.The person I co signed for is an American citizen who has been living in Canada for 5 years without a Canadian citizenship.Ive had collections aggencys after me wanting to know where the money is.The person I signed for was offerd a deal by the collections aggency to pay $2,100 flat out and have the bill paid for...but he did not attempt to persue that offer.I have no credit thanks to this situation.What are my legal options?

thanks for your time a knowledge.

Pay the bill and do not ever co-sign again.

This site is also US law only.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">