• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Co Signed on Credit Account

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

HilAi

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Alabama

So, here's my problem. I cosigned for a Care Credit account with GE Capitol with my ex boyfriend so he could have some dental work done. The bill currently sits at $660.90. He is refusing to make payments so I'm trying to decide my best course of legal action. My thought was I could pay off the account and close it (no more charges) and then take him to small claims court to recover the money. Any advice is appreciated.

TheGeekess

Keeper of the Kraken

So, here's my problem. I cosigned for a Care Credit account with GE Capitol with my ex boyfriend so he could have some dental work done. The bill currently sits at $660.90. He is refusing to make payments so I'm trying to decide my best course of legal action. My thought was I could pay off the account and close it (no more charges) and then take him to small claims court to recover the money. Any advice is appreciated.
That would be your best bet. :cool:
http://judicial.alabama.gov/library/rules_small_claims.cfm

LdiJ

That is probably the best way to handle it. However, I would make sure that the account is closed immediately even if you do not pay it off immediately. You don't want him running up more charges while you are paying off the account.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Its like a credit card. Either person can close it.
The OP was specific about being a CO-SIGNOR. I know what Carecredit is. It's similar to a credit card, but it's NOT a credit card.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">