• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Coercion? Need help ASAP

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

G

goatlady

What is the name of your state? Missouri
If you are forced to sign a settlement agreement (if you refuse to sign, seized animals will be slaughtered or sold) at the time of paying a debt for small claims, signing away your right to hold anyone in the matter liable (plaintiff and sheriff and his staff) and you sign under duress and write the word duress can you still sue or did you sign away your right to sue?
If I did not sign right then- I was told a phone call would be made and 69 goats would be slaughtered -I had no choice but to sign-at the same time, full payment was being made in cash to settle the judgement.
Also the sheriff was not present and the witness to all the signatures was part of the sheriff's staff who is also protected by the document I had to sign-is this binding?
I thought a witness to signing legal documents was supposed to be an unbiased third party?.
I need help ASAP!
Please!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">