• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

colecting on a judgment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bandittheman

What is the name of your state? minnesota My ? is can I go after a preson stat income tax? Even if the judgment is in one state and the person owning on the judgment moved to another state. Is there a state tax recapture program in all states?

divgradcurl

bandittheman said:
What is the name of your state? minnesota My ? is can I go after a preson stat income tax? Even if the judgment is in one state and the person owning on the judgment moved to another state. Is there a state tax recapture program in all states?
If the person is in another state, you will need to "domesticate" the judgment into the other state so that you can garnish taxes or wages or take whatever collection actions you need to take. Contact the county courthouse in the county in which the person lives to find out how (and if) you can get the judgment domesticated into the new state.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">