• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

collect money owed

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kimsch72

What is the name of your state? south carolina

i had sold a horse to a gentleman in south carolina. he had paid me 300.00 and still owed me 900.00 i had a bill of sale drawn up saying how much he had paid and how much he owes me. after the gentleman had the horse for a week he called me and told me he did not want the horse. he still owes 700.00 as he had paid us 200.00 more on the horse. is there any thing i can do so i can collect the money from him. he says he has every intention of paying but he is short on money. i have the bill of sale and also all the emails that we had typed to each other and him stating he was going to pay. he has also sold the horse so i can not try to get the horse back. i hope you can help me. thanks

S

seniorjudge

You may be able to get a judgment against him but how will you collect if he is "short on money."

I have sold lots of horses. Always sell a horse for cash up front.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">