• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Collecting and cashing?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

GregScan

What is the name of your state? CT.
What is the name of your state? CT
I recently won a judgment in a small claims action. The company sent me a check with a form (a disclaimer of future legal action) that they are requesting that I fill out. I have no intention of pursuing future legal action (as far as I am concerned the matter is settled). Is there any legal requirement stating that I must fill out their disclaimer to collect (cash their check).
P.S. The reason I do not want to fill out the form has more to do with their refusal of taking responsibility for the original damages they caused that led to the law suit in the first place.
GregWhat is the name of your state? Connecticut (CT)

Last edited:

BL

What is the name of your state? CT.
What is the name of your state? CT
I recently won a judgment in a small claims action. The company sent me a check with a form (a disclaimer of future legal action) that they are requesting that I fill out. I have no intention of pursuing future legal action (as far as I am concerned the matter is settled). Is there any legal requirement stating that I must fill out their disclaimer to collect (cash their check).
P.S. The reason I do not want to fill out the form has more to do with their refusal of taking responsibility for the original damages they caused that led to the law suit in the first place.
GregWhat is the name of your state?[/QUOTE}

They should be paying you regardless .

Send them a reply RR Certified Mail , that they have an obligation to pay as per Court Order , and you expect them to comply with the Order of the Court .

Send a copy of their letter, and state , that you as the creditor , have no obligation to sign and return it , and you expect payment at once .

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">