• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

collecting debt

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

grrrr

What is the name of your state? VA

I have a judgement(by default) for about $1800 against a person in Arizona. The judgement is against him, but it was noted in the suit that he was "trading as" a LLC. Is there anything I can do in an effort to collect without multiple trips to his court precinct? What about putting this on his credit report, is that possible and how would I do it?

Other info:
He likely has some assets, since he has successfully started a new business, still operating under the same name that it was when I sued him. When the judgement was filed, he was located in Minnesota and has since moved to Arizona. I am planning a vacation trip to his area, so I could go to the local courthouse and file some forms if that would help.

What exactly should I do? Even if I have to wait until I go out there again to complete other steps in the process, what should I do when I go out there this time?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">