• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Collecting on a Judgment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Isoparm

What is the name of your state: TN

(Hopefully this is the right forum topic. If there's a better topic section, let me know and I'll post there)

I recently won a judgment against a company who owed me money ($10K+), now I'm at a loss on what to do in order to collect.

Background: The company (which really is an individual) was making a movie for which I provided the equipment. I was never paid for a month of equipment rental. I filed a small claims case against the company and individual, and won the judgment against the company (I could not locate the individual to serve papers against him, so only the company was judged).

- How do I go about collecting the judgment?
- How do I figure out what assets the company might have (or sources of income)?
- How do I put a lien against the film this individual made?

Is there other things I should do?

Would it be better for me to attempt to locate this individual and pursue a case against him directly? (It also looks like he's let the registration on his company expire if that factors in at all)

Thank you for your help.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">