• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Collection Judgement Against a Business

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

H

hillarie

What is the name of your state? California

Hello -

I won a small claims case & appeal a couple years ago. It's an auto body shop that is still doing business but under a different name. I won against a corporate name and listed the corp. name, a dba and an fdba. None of these are the current name, but pretty darned close.

Problem is, I checked county clerk and can't find a dba or fbn for the current name. How do I determine the business owner of record?

Should I hire someone to investigate? Would they have access to more records than I do? The judgement is for about 3k plus 2 yrs' interest.

Any help is appreciated!

JETX

The dba and fdba that you listed would only refer back to the corporate owner of those registrations, so there is no value in them. And if the corporation (the judgment debtor) is no longer in business, then you are going to need to research what happened to the corporation and their assets (if any).

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">