• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Collection of Personal Loan/Property

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Sookie68

What is the name of your state? I am in Oklahoma.

I "gave" my boyfriend a 1998 Jeep (having purchased another vehicle) with the agreement that he would make the monthly payment on it (I was buying it from a friend).

The Jeep is now wrecked and has not been driven in nearly 1 year. It is in New Mexico.

The boyfriend and I are no longer seeing each other. I've not received a payment on the Jeep in 9 months. I am unable to pay for my vehicle and the Jeep both. The amount due on the Jeep is approx. $6k.

I do not want the Jeep returned wrecked - it is totalled.

What are my options, if any - ?

Thank you.

S

seniorjudge

Sookie68 said:
What is the name of your state? I am in Oklahoma.

I "gave" my boyfriend a 1998 Jeep (having purchased another vehicle) with the agreement that he would make the monthly payment on it (I was buying it from a friend).

The Jeep is now wrecked and has not been driven in nearly 1 year. It is in New Mexico.

The boyfriend and I are no longer seeing each other. I've not received a payment on the Jeep in 9 months. I am unable to pay for my vehicle and the Jeep both. The amount due on the Jeep is approx. $6k.

I do not want the Jeep returned wrecked - it is totalled.

What are my options, if any - ?

Thank you.
Q: What are my options, if any - ?

A: Pay your bills. Just because you loaned your Jeep to a jerk and he wrecked it and then you broke up does not let you off the hook. Sell it for scrap and apply it to the Jeep loan.

Bad car loans really screw up your credit; thus, my advice to keep paying on the Jeep.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">