• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

College Couch

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

torino06

What is the name of your state? Illinois
I go to college right outside Chicago, Illinois. Here's my story... Awhile ago i got drunk and got sick on a couch in our dorms. I was told that if i cleaned the couch everything would be OK otherwise i would have to pay for that couch, $1700. I had the janitorial service set the couch in the basement on a Friday so i could get it cleaned on the weekend, so my friend and i picked it up and went and got it cleaned. On our way out we did see one of the security guards so there is another witness besides my friends. we brought it back and put it in the same spot where it was left for us. the next day we went down to check on it and see how it turned out...everything fine. the day after that we went down again and it was gone, so i figured the janitors must have moved it...time went on and i got worried so asked if they had moved the couch.. they had not, so someone stole the couch... Here is my problem....the residence life is saying that it is my couch and not their problem that it got stolen and i owe the school $1700... i did not sign anything agreeing to this, it was just a verbal agreement...If someone could help me out with this that would be great...my e-mail is [email protected]

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">