• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Commissions owed

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

dv8redhead

What is the name of your state? OHIO

I started working for a 'friend' of mine in January as an independent salesperson (commission only) and in 3 months I brought in 68 orders. We had a major falling out due to commission report discrepencies in April and she still owes me for 9 orders that total almost $3000.
She has stated that she has the right to hold my commissions for 180 days and has put me in a serious financial situation where I might have to sell my house because I'm so far behind on bills.
I know that she's received money on the orders I brought to her, but she has made no attempt to pay. 180 days is up in October and I don't think she'll give me what I've worked for.
Do I have a case to take her to court to collect what is owed?
Thanks for any advise...

JETX

"Do I have a case to take her to court to collect what is owed?"
*** Without a COMPLETE review of all the facts and based solely on the information in your post, it certainly looks like you have a valid claim.

First, I would send her a professional letter (certified RRR) detailing EXACTLY how much is owed and asking for payment within 14 days. Include a copy of any information you have to support your claim. State that if you don't hear back from her within that time, that you will have to pursue legal action. Then, if you don't hear, be at the courthouse the morning of the 15th day!!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">