• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Company Not Paying

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

NamesCody

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Georgia

I use to work for a company that shipped, via FedEx, store displays, stickers and whatnot to merchandise specific stores. I've not been employed with them since August of 2010 and I have been receiving a FedEx bill for a bit over $200 that was suppose to be paid by the company I previously worked for. Each time I have received a bill I have contacted the company directly via email and once by phone to get this taken care of and person I've spoken to has always said she would get this taken care of as FedEx should not be billing me they should be billing the company directly which I have emails stating this.

My question is, do I have any case with this issue? And if so, what? And what should I do?

Last edited:

racer72

My question is, do I have any case with this issue?
Not yet and possibly never.

And if so, what? And what should I do?
Contact Fedex and tell them they are billing the wrong person. Send the bills to your former employer. You have no case till you suffer damages. Other than the possibility of a paper cut from opening an envelope, you have suffered no damages.

NamesCody

Unfortunately I have contacted FedEx and they said since the receiver declined to pay they sent it to me and to have the company contact them to get it resolved.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">