• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

company posted money in wrong account

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

dianna1973

What is the name of your state? Texas
I payed my electric bill at one of these authorized electric payment centers. The company they sent there money to posted my money into someone elses account causing my electricity to get cut off for 2 days. I called this company and they finally got it posted into the right account for me, but I still had to pay almost $600.00 to get it turned back on. They told me they would try to get the reconnection fee dropped but they didnt.
My questions is could this company be made to reimburse me my money since it was there fault? Any help in this would be appreciated.

BL

http://www.puc.state.tx.us/

Demmand a refund By Certified return receipt letter , stating it was their fault , they entered the payment in another account, causing you UNJUST shutoff , and reconnect charges.

Demand a refund of these charges . keep a copy for your records.

At the same time go to the site posted for info on filing a Complaint.

Get a Consumer Affairs Office involved by Complaint , since they did - not waive this fee.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">