• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Complaint Not Signed?!? URGENT

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

wakim82

What is the name of your state? Colorado

I was recently served with a summons and complaint, but the complaint has no signature as it even says is required. No signature from the plaintiff, or their attorney. Just a typed out name. So since there is no signature does that make the complaint invalid? What should I do since a signature is required and not present?

JETX

wakim82 said:
I was recently served with a summons and complaint, but the complaint has no signature as it even says is required. No signature from the plaintiff, or their attorney. Just a typed out name. So since there is no signature does that make the complaint invalid? What should I do since a signature is required and not present?
Here is your problem. Of course, the court might chose to dismiss the complaint due to the missing signature, but unlikely that would occur unless you notify them of the problem. And if you notify them of the problem.... they will likely remedy the problem by having the plaintiff sign the document.

Further, if you don't notify the plaintiff or court, the court may likely award a default against you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">