• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

complicated, need help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Straightshooter

What is the name of your state? Virginia

I have been unfairly treated by a social organization and am strongly considering mediation to correct this situation. I have tried all channels possible within this organization, and they have ignored blatant evidence that discredits their charges. This is a voluntary organization, but I have paid dues and am therefore entitled to fair treament. Any advice about how to proceed with this would be very helpful. Also any examples of cases in which mediation has been used to address problems within social organizations, such as sororities, would be helpful as well.
Thank you.

djohnson

You would get more assistance if you gave specific information and facts. How you feel and what you think are just your opinions. Please give us the facts of what happened and you will get more responses.

Straightshooter

specific details

I was accused of hitting some one in my organization but I proved in an audio taped meeting that her claims were false and that the organization had acted incorrectly. I proved this yet they will not change my probation status. They are admitting very little fault on their part and are still saying that I "deserve" the punishment in question. I am currently trying to get them to mediate the situation with me but I need some advice and examples of cases where this has been used before to resolve the problem.

djohnson

The probation period sounds reasonable until things are proven legally. Even though you have a recording, it doesn't make you innocent until it is deemed so and that will be up to the person that will make that decision for your company. Have you brought your evidence to that persons attention? Was it obtained legally? What does the 'victim' say about your eveidence? Has her story changed? Depending on your answers your best bet may be to hire an attorney to put some pressure on the company and to make sure they handle it correctly.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">