• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Compusa Warranty not being honored

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

firepro

What is the name of your state? Texas

Compusa refuses to repair laptop under TAP warranty. Took it in and they returned saying repaired. They said they replaced battery and replaced the motherboard that has the power plug on it. Took it back within the same week realizing repairs were not done. Had same exact problem. Although I could not tell if motherboard was replaced it was obvious the battery was not replaced. They now say I have liquid damage. The problem is I did not spill anything and the problem is, the bad power connector is nowhere near where the alleged spill damage is. They showed photos and as a electronic tech for 15 years the photo's are inconclusive and don't have anything to do with problem.
I would like to sue them in Small claims with DTPA. Is this possible and whats requrement do I have. What would the complaint be and if this is covered under Dtpa how would I enter that into complaint. Will court consider my hourly rate for the 40 to 50 hours I have involved? Somehow in the few days in between repairs i was able to spill liquids in such a way that it gave me the same exact symptoms.

Any help would be appreciated.

BL

Try filing a complaint with your local Attorney General's Office of consumer Affairs , before the warranty runs out .

You may be offered a refurbished unit , if you do take it of equal or greater quality .

I fought for a New replacement , and warranty wouldn't budge , got a refurbished , and 3 yrs. later it runs as good as new .

Good Luck .

BL

Thanks for the suggestion. I will pursue this and I am open for any other Ideals.

Ray

You are welcome . Keep in mind , you should be offered one with the newest windows operating system , but if not except XP home , it will be good till 2009 , some month .

Also deal with the consumer represntative of the warranty Co. when contacted .

Many of ploys , to get out of replacement/repair have been made by Co's .

Go to ripoffreport cite , to get some feedback .

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">