• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Condo in Florida

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Pollux

I'm in Florida

I had an individual sublet my condo with my landlord's approval back in August. The agreement he signed was to pay for electric, Internet, and the rent month by month. I have documentation that he has not paid for the GRU, Internet, and two months' rent. However, I'm not sure if I can file for all three of these issues together, or if I will have to pay separate filing fees. I'm also not sure if I can sue him for the filing fees as well.

Secondly, his sublease to me ended on November 1st, and so he signed a new agreement with the original landlord. She (the landlord) has also not received any payments at all for rent, and she plans to evict him soon. Would we be able to file jointly, because it concerns the same location, or would we have to file separately because there are two separate agreements?

I appreciate it!

quincy

I'm in Florida

I had an individual sublet my condo with my landlord's approval back in August. The agreement he signed was to pay for electric, Internet, and the rent month by month. I have documentation that he has not paid for the GRU, Internet, and two months' rent. However, I'm not sure if I can file for all three of these issues together, or if I will have to pay separate filing fees. I'm also not sure if I can sue him for the filing fees as well.

Secondly, his sublease to me ended on November 1st, and so he signed a new agreement with the original landlord. She (the landlord) has also not received any payments at all for rent, and she plans to evict him soon. Would we be able to file jointly, because it concerns the same location, or would we have to file separately because there are two separate agreements?

I appreciate it!
I am not sure I understand your situation and could use some clarification.

What is the current status of the condo? Are you still renting it on a month-to-month basis or did you end your month-to-month rental when the subletter moved in?

Where does the subletter live currently?

Is my understanding correct that the landlord has not been paid rent for the months of September, October, November and December? Are you being held responsible for any of this rent?

Pollux

I am not sure I understand your situation and could use some clarification.

What is the current status of the condo? Are you still renting it on a month-to-month basis or did you end your month-to-month rental when the subletter moved in?

Where does the subletter live currently?

Is my understanding correct that the landlord has not been paid rent for the months of September, October, November and December? Are you being held responsible for any of this rent?
My apologies, let me clarify:

As of now, the condo is under the care of the original landlord. My lease agreement ended on November 1st, 2014. I sublet the condo from August 1st to November 1st to the individual. Currently, the subletter still lives at the condo, but from my understanding, the landlord has to go through the court to evict him. The landlord has not received rent for November or December yet. All of the rent payments or any money that was owed by the subletter during his stay (rent, electric, Internet) have all been paid for out of pocket by me, and so I am suing for reimbursement. I have saved the receipts and plan to use them against him at court.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">