• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

confused

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

anewell

What is the name of your state? NE

Two weeks ago I sold independantly a 92 explorer. The buyer test drove the vehicle. I told her all that I knew that was wrong with the vehicle, making it known that I was just a layman (not a mech) (I did remember one thing I forgot after the sale). I held the vehicle at no cost for 30 days until she had the money for the vehicle. We exchanged money (Kelly's Blue Book value) and title. She then took the vehicle to a mechanic (no breakdown) who found things wrong with it that I did not know about. The total cost for fixing the vehicle to "good" condition is significant. She now says she will sue if I do not give her 50% of the vehicle cost back. I have told her it was sold "as is" and am awaiting her response.

Did I do something wrong? Can she get any money back if she does sue?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">