• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Considering a lawsuit-photographer

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Sielckyt

What is the name of your state?
California
I contracted for wedding photography a year ago. The photos are horrible, not one decent photo. Do I stand a chance? Is this a small claim or other? What is a reasonable @ amt. to seek? Is a attorney necessary? Any help appreciated. Am clueless.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Sielckyt said:
What is the name of your state?
California
I contracted for wedding photography a year ago. The photos are horrible, not one decent photo. Do I stand a chance? Is this a small claim or other? What is a reasonable @ amt. to seek? Is a attorney necessary? Any help appreciated. Am clueless.
What is your definition of horrible? Did you see examples of the photographers work? the reasonable amount to seek is the amount you paid to have the photos taken. It is a small claim. Did you pay the photographer any money after receiving the photos? Why have you waited a year to see if you can sue?

Sielckyt

Suing a Photographer

I paid a deposit and contracted for 4 hours of work. We received a disc of about 40 pictures, 35 of which are totally blurred or out of focus. The only ones to come out clearly were taken of still objects (flowers, etc.) They're website showed beautiful poses, with photos done in color, black & white, and sepia tones. Disposable cameras took better quality photos than what we got. Also, I have had 2 surgeries this year and haven't had the time or strength to keep up on this matter. Hopefully the passage of time won't work against me. Thanks.

Dandy Don

So how much did they charge you? Yes, you do have a case and you should pursue it.

Contact your local better business bureau to see if there are other complaints on file for this company and do a computer check of your county court records to see if there have been any prior court cases against them. They had a responsibility to produce clear pictures.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">