• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Consignment agreement broken

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

george515

What is the name of your state? Pa

I am an artist and I had my art displayed in a store for awhile on a consignment basis. At the end of last year the store owner told me that he was giving up ownership of the store but a married couple would be taking it over. I met with them and they were very excited about selling my art in their store as well. I gave them pieces that would have totaled $750 in consignment. I have this all written in my record book and I gave them a receipt agreeing to the amount. They gave me their info- their names, their phone number and their PO box number.

In the end of January I drove by the store and I saw that its completely closed and there is nothing inside. I call the number they gave me and it says that its temporarily out of service. I wrote a short letter asking what was going on and sent it to their PO box. I havent heard any reply. I spoke with the original store owner and he told me that this couple didnt have enough money to get the store opened so they never took it over.

Im willing to be flexible and Im hoping that they could work this out with me but its also angering to think that they are disrespectful of the time, care and money that I put into my art. At this point I mostly would like to get my art back but I would assume that if they had my art they would just give it back. Since they are not contacting me Im assuming they dont have the art or the money. So with all the aggrovation this has put me through I cant just let it go but I dont want to go to court if I dont have a strong case. Do I have a case?
any suggestions?
thanks

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">