• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Construction company damage to property help???

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jejohnson83

New Orleans, LA

Basically a Constrution company was tearing down my next door neighbors house for demolishment. I had my car parked right in front of neighbors house but i was at work at time. Basically a worker from construction comany came knocking on our house to see if car was for anyone and my dad told them the car was for me and that he would move it. My dad called me up asking me for keys to move car because construction company was about to tear down house and i told him where the keys where, so when he went back outside the guys started tearing house down anyway and some of it feel on my car causing damage to my vehicle. I have been giving the run around from the construction comany since about 2 days into handling matter. 1 guy from the company came out to look at car and he told me to get 3 estimates. I went got 3 estimates from body shops and gave it to the company. Tried to follow up with them to see if they reached any decisions but the owner of company was decision maker and he never contacted me back or even called with an offer. I have left so many messages with the so-called point of contact guy and even with the owners personal secritary but no responce and im just trying to get my car fixed. Its an older car so i dont have full coverage on it. I was hoping that the company would pay for damages done to car since they told me to go get 3 estimates on car. Please can any1 help assist?

justalayman

if you cannot get any response from those in control at the construction company, you might consider hiring a lawyer to at least send them a scare letter (threat to sue if the situation is not remedied). That might stir the pot a bit. Your alternative would be to sue them. That will definitely get some sort of response.

HomeGuru

I agree and also ask the owner of the house next door for help. The contractor should have general liability and property damage insurance.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">