• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Contingency fees based lawyers

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

user321

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Massachusetts

Hi,

Is it easy to find a lawyer on contingency fees basis for getting couple of thousand dollars from a company? I’m in Massachusetts area and I’m trying to sue a company that is out of state but the case won’t involve getting more that three thousand dollar. This case might be tough to fight in local small courts since the company is out of state.

Thanks

sandyclaus

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Massachusetts

Hi,

Is it easy to find a lawyer on contingency fees basis for getting couple of thousand dollars from a company? I’m in Massachusetts area and I’m trying to sue a company that is out of state but the case won’t involve getting more that three thousand dollar. This case might be tough to fight in local small courts since the company is out of state.

Thanks
This is not an attorney referral service. If you want to find a lawyer in your area, check with the local Bar Association for a referral.

On top of that, there will be few attorneys that would work on a contingency basis on a case worth only $3,000.

quincy

You would have to sue the out-of-state company in a small claims court in their state. You will probably not find any attorney willing to do a small claims case on a contingency basis - the costs for the attorney can outweigh any recovery (and some small claims courts in some states will not allow for an attorney to represent a client).

Last edited:

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
You would have to sue the out-of-state company in a small claims court in their state. You will probably not find any attorney willing to do a small claims case on a contingency basis - the costs for the attorney can outweigh any recovery (and some small claims courts in some states will not allow for an attorney to represent a client).
Not necessarily. He might be able to sue in his state depending on where whatever happened, happened.

tranquility

No attorney will take a case on full contingency over a couple of thousand dollars. Litigation is too expensive. But, you might get a "settler"-type attorney who will write some nasty letters for you.

FlyingRon

No attorney will take a case on full contingency over a couple of thousand dollars. Litigation is too expensive. But, you might get a "settler"-type attorney who will write some nasty letters for you.
Agreed. One appearance in court (and the research leading up to it) would consume most of a $1000.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">