• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

contract broken, what do I do now?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

freemae2004

What is the name of your state? Texas
My ex and I have a contract between us that he is to pay for the credit card accounts and that I am to pay for the timeshare. Basically he hasn't been paying for the credit cards and now they are coming after me. How do I enforce the contract? Thanks for any input... -Lisa :(

freemae2004

Damages would include any credit card late fees or interest that accurred while he wasn't paying?? Is it different for every state the dollar amount of the suit??
Is there a book or any internet site that would give me the proper way to start a suit, such as the paperwork necessary, that you would suggest? I did my own divorce and contracts, so I would like to also finish cooking his goose on my own. Thanks for your help and prompt response. -Lisa :rolleyes:

wannabelwr

broken contract

my opinion is: if this was court ordered then he may be in contempt of court. If this is merely a contractual agreement you may consider filing a judgement against him and get a court order for garnishment of his wages.

JETX

wannabelwr said:
my opinion is: if this was court ordered then he may be in contempt of court. If this is merely a contractual agreement you may consider filing a judgement against him and get a court order for garnishment of his wages.
More droolings from the idiots mouth.... errors:
1) There is no such thing as "filing a judgement". Oh, and the correct spelling of the LEGAL term is 'judgment'.
2) Wages are exempt from garnishment in Texas.
3) In order to get a contempt of court order in Texas, there are MANY steps that you have to go through.... starting with a MOTION for contempt.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">