• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Is contract enforceable

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

eagleacademy

What is the name of your state? MI
Is this enforceable? I signed on as a contract driver for a small transportation company (five H transport) that is contracted with a major transportation company (Panther II). In the contract was a non compete section that read like this. NO Compete: The driver cannot work for Panther II or for a panther affiliate for 9 months after date of hire with five H transport. a penalty of $2000 in damages for the lost of revenue to Five H transport will be enforced. I had to leave the company because the vehicle I was driving had no air and they wanted me to work over the road with no home time. I was one of the top revenue drivers. I decided to purchase my own vehicle and contract with Panther II myself. The Five H family got upset with me and said they would make things bad for me.
The Co also took all my back pay from me which was $1,600.00 and say I owe another $266.00. they do this to all drivers that leave them I no another driver that is working on making this public because the parent company contracts a lot of shady contractors that work the drivers over. they recruit the drivers for the contractors then they say they have nothing to do with it when issues are reported. I can post more detail on what the contractors is using to say that I owe them the money if someone can give me some advise then I can post the details. Thanks

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">