• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

contract, no payment, poor collections

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Chad

What is the name of your state?
New York

I have a hosting firm with various customers who have not paid due invoices. I have actual signed contract with photo copy of credit card (front / back) as proof. My collection agency is TransWorld, they are horrible and 2 years later, I have seen nothing return back to me nor proof of their services and efforts.

1. What collection agency would you recommend? TransWorld does not even allow me to leave a note for them to pass on to the client including a copy of signed contract.

2. What is the best method (aside collection) to get paid when clients are national or even some international (Malaysia for example)? I have proof that payment is deserved.

3. Am I entitled to claim legal fees against the client whether or not this is mentioned in the contract?

4. If a contract were to include a full "terms of service" (about 10 pages long), how does one bind these together as part of a contract that is faxed over or emailed back? Basically, how do I prove that these forms were originally noted by customer upon signup? The only method I'm aware of is initials on each page, which really anyone can do.

Please suggest a real deal well known and well respected legal firm and collection agency that at least utilizes their own legal department without making excuses like TransWorld that money owed must be at least $1,000 before legal matters is taken. People owe me $150 - $300 in my case.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">