• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Contract Obligation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

NeedHelp80

What is the name of your state? ca

A question...I agreed to be hired on with my old company for the stipulation to work for them for one year (ending December 28, 2007). It is an hourly wage job not salaried. My boss let me know last Friday that this coming Friday (Sept. 28) would be my last day because he can't afford me anymore. He's been paying out of pocket for my wages for too long now.
Because we signed a contract, is he obligated to pay me for the remaining months that I won't be working there? Or can he use it as a loophole and say, well we don't have any jobs for you to work at right now, so I just dont have to give you any hours? (it's for an alarm company-that's why the no work situation).
Please let me know any information! i'd like to know before I take further action, if I can.

BL

Do you have other employment lined up , and/or are you seeking employment ?

Forget about it , you would not walk into court with clean hands .

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">