• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

contract signed by deceased.....

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

macky29

My mother passed away last june of this year.....sometime in july, a letter came in claiming that my mother has purchased and obtained (read: received items physically) a
a set of encyclopedia on march of 1996 and hasn't paid the remaining balance for those books. I demanded that they show me a contract signed by my mother. They showed me the contract, and upon closer inspection, I could say that my mother has indeed signed on that contract. Aside from that, the information filled out on the subscription and the contract are correct. Now, am I liable to pay the remaining balance considering that my mother is dead?

Note: I don't have those books that were listed on the contract, so I don't have a darn clue why my mom ordered those books without me knowing it....she might have ordered those books for someone else but stupidly made herself the guarantor by signing the contract.

Last edited:

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
US Law Only!

(Without the name of the state involved, you cannot receive an accurate answer)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">