• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Contractor Dammage to home

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

F

floydgarrigues

California
I reciently had an eletrical contractor upgrade the electrical service at my home.
That went fine but in the process he dammaged my roof. It is a metal tile roof this is not a new type of roof in our area so you would expect contractors to understand how to walk on it without dammaging it. Or Stop and ask when it was apparent damage was taking place. I have had the dammage documented by the company that installed the roof. The contractor so far has not returned my calls. I have sent him a copy of the report.
What would be my next course of action?

HomeGuru

floydgarrigues said:
California
I reciently had an eletrical contractor upgrade the electrical service at my home.
That went fine but in the process he dammaged my roof. It is a metal tile roof this is not a new type of roof in our area so you would expect contractors to understand how to walk on it without dammaging it. Or Stop and ask when it was apparent damage was taking place. I have had the dammage documented by the company that installed the roof. The contractor so far has not returned my calls. I have sent him a copy of the report.
What would be my next course of action?
**A: send him a demand letter via certified rrr mail and copy the Contractors Licensing Board.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">