• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Contractor did shoddy work, now wants to sue me

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Shin Ji

Georgia

I own a tutoring company, and one of my tutors recently was extremely rude to a client. Basically, he stopped working with her from that point forward, leaving me in the lurch. Once I go there, I hear the most incredible horror stories about this tutor- that he didn't teach at all, he just read the paper while the student did her work... things like that.

So, basically, the tutor quit just before I was going to pay him for 6 hours work (150 dollars). Given the situation, I really don't want to pay this guy. Now he threatens to sue. We have no actual contract or anything (stupid, I know, I've fixed this for future tutors), and as far as I know, the only evidence he could bring forward is email between us.

What do you think? Does he have a case?

justalayman

he was at work, you have to pay him for all hours worked.

he may be a poor employee but you still have to pay him for his time.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">