• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

contractor miss use funds

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

reginacoburn

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Georgia, On the 6 day of Sept, 08, I went into a contract with Jason Ragland. To build a deck attach to my home, with a cement slab to be sunken in the deck for a 76x66x66 size spa to be place on. With rails, steps, and lighting. The work was to be start according to the contract on 9th of Sept, to be completed on 19th of the same month. They ask for half the cost up front for material and labor which was $2,025. The a week later they ask for another $900.00 in cash for more material saying they couldn't complete the deck without this extra material. I gave the money to him the person that was actually working in the deck Steve, I did write out a receipt for him to sign and he did. They never completed the job and the work they did do wasn't up to code. For over three weeks they never return my calls or emails. I was force to hire another contractor to finsh the job. The other contractor had to tear down the their work in order to build with code. I want my money back in the amount of 2,900 only what I was scam out of. The other contractor charge me 6,140 to build a fabulous deck. Oh yell the full price that we agree on with the first contractor was 5,250. I do have pictures. I need to know how long do I have to file a claim against those contractors? I haven't done so because I just don't have any extra money to file the claim I am on a fix income. Seem like I save so long to get my dream deck and now I don't have enough money to sue. So how long do I have to bring a small claim against those
men?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">