• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Contractor problems

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ilhg

What is the name of your state? GA
We had a master bedroom and bathroom built and the workers were never able to fix all the leaks in the plumbing, even after 5-6 tries. The contractor won't pay my plumbing bill so I'm going to have to go to small claims court. Also, at this time, the contractor came by to pick up the final payment. I said no, but he wouldn't leave without it. I wrote him the check, but after a few hours I decided I had better stop payment. I hired an attorney to help me with this. Would I be entitled to the cost of the attorney? I also had to hire a home inspector because I was worried that there may be more serious problems other than the plumbing. Also, because the contractor considered everything on my punch out list to be picky and wouldn't fix most of the things on the list. Would I be entitled to recover this cost? Thanks

JETX

ilhg said:
Would I be entitled to the cost of the attorney?
Depends on the specifics of your claim... and whether your state allows recovery of attorney fees for it. I suggest you ask your attorney.

I also had to hire a home inspector because I was worried that there may be more serious problems other than the plumbing. Also, because the contractor considered everything on my punch out list to be picky and wouldn't fix most of the things on the list. Would I be entitled to recover this cost?
See above answer.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">