• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Contrator Help-Ohio

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bacardibarbie

I hired a contractor to move a double-wide and prepare the home site in August of 2011. He drug his feet the whole way and here we are in Novemeber with no house. The contractor has about 3,000 of our money that we paid him to pay the house mover.. he will not pay the mover and will not give us our money back. We have receipts from him and documents to support everything. He will not return our calls or call us it has been almost 2 weeks since we last talked to him. We are now hiring someone else to finish the job.

We are planning to take him to court. We want to sue for the 3,000 that he owes us but we also want to sue for anything that was in his estimate that we had to pay more for. For example his estimate included block laying, he didnt do the block laying so we have to pay someone else for it. He was also suppose to do the sewer and water hookup for $600. We didnt pay him for it yet, but it was in his estimate and now we have to pay someone $1200 to do it.

I just do not know how to approach this? Can someone help me determine what he is liable for? If he agreed to do something in our contract, refused to do it and we have to pay someone else more to do it.. is he responsible for the difference?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">