• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Which is the correct name to use to file suit against? Renewal for trade question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mrs Information

OHIO<<

Im filing in small claims court. I want to have the correct name of the company Im suing. I went to my states Secretary of State website to find their legal name. However, Im still confused as to which name to put on the defendant line.

~The lease I signed has a header that reads:
"Towne Properties Asset Management Company."
~The renewal for trade name says they are:
"Towne Management Realty Inc"
~However on the renewal for trade name it says "the name of the applicant designated in item 4 is:"
"Towne Properties Assest Management Company Inc"

Here is the link to their most recent trade name renewal:
http://www2.sos.state.oh.us/reports/rwservlet?imgc&Din=201135300824

So which name is the correct one for filing a suit against?:confused:

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Please keep your related questions in the same thread: https://forum.freeadvice.com/landlord-tenant-issues-42/ohio-taking-ll-small-claims-3quest-about-filling-out-form-needed-proof-581507.html

latigo

OHIO<<

Im filing in small claims court. I want to have the correct name of the company Im suing. I went to my states Secretary of State website to find their legal name. However, Im still confused as to which name to put on the defendant line.

~The lease I signed has a header that reads:
"Towne Properties Asset Management Company."
~The renewal for trade name says they are:
"Towne Management Realty Inc"
~However on the renewal for trade name it says "the name of the applicant designated in item 4 is:"
"Towne Properties Assest Management Company Inc"

Here is the link to their most recent trade name renewal:
http://www2.sos.state.oh.us/reports/rwservlet?imgc&Din=201135300824

So which name is the correct one for filing a suit against?:confused:
All the above are subsidiaries of a Florida based property management group known as “Towne Management of Florida, Inc.”

Its subsidiary, “Towne Properties Asset Management Company”, registered as a foreign corporation in Ohio 10/31/96 and was in good standing as of 5/20/12.

Since that is the name that appears on your lease agreement, list it as the defendant. The registered agent will be the same for all.

Mrs Information

All the above are subsidiaries of a Florida based property management group known as “Towne Management of Florida, Inc.”

Its subsidiary, “Towne Properties Asset Management Company”, registered as a foreign corporation in Ohio 10/31/96 and was in good standing as of 5/20/12.

Since that is the name that appears on your lease agreement, list it as the defendant. The registered agent will be the same for all.
Latigo, Thank you for posting a relevant answer to my question. I have won my case. Which just proves that there was no need to 're-post' this thread to recieve the information I needed. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">