• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Could I take this to court?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

totoro1

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida

Hello everyone, I had a problem and was trying to get some opinions about the matter.

I was sold an iPad mini when I was told it was supposed to be an iPad mini 2, the individual refuses to give me a refund. I believe I am entitled to a refund since that is not the item I was supposed to receive. Can I take him to small claims court?

inb4 Why didn't you just check if it was an iPad mini 2?
I couldn't because the person had factory reset it so I couldn't check it without setting it up, and I'm also very Apple stupid.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

quincy

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida

Hello everyone, I had a problem and was trying to get some opinions about the matter.

I was sold an iPad mini when I was told it was supposed to be an iPad mini 2, the individual refuses to give me a refund. I believe I am entitled to a refund since that is not the item I was supposed to receive. Can I take him to small claims court?

inb4 Why didn't you just check if it was an iPad mini 2?
I couldn't because the person had factory reset it so I couldn't check it without setting it up, and I'm also very Apple stupid.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks!
Yes, you can take the seller of the iPad to small claims court for a refund (although if you are under the age of 18, you will need your parents to file suit for you). Depending on the price you paid for the iPad, however, it may not be worth the cost to file.

Unless you know what to look for and come prepared for an inspection of the iPad, the iPad mini and the iPad mini2 are essentially identical in appearance. In other words, it would not be unreasonable to expect that a purchaser would rely on the seller's word as to the model iPad being sold. The best way to tell the difference on inspection of an iPad is through the model numbers (although there is a small hole on the top back of the mini2 that visually distinguishes it).

Good luck.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">