• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Could lien be put on house even though it's in a parents name?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Jendor

This is regarding the same deadbeat couple I asked my original question in this thread https://forum.freeadvice.com/small-claims-courts-24/travel-required-can-done-mail-other-means-562638.html

As stated, the house the deadbeat couple live in is in the parents name. Parent's own house lived in also in parents name. No doubt I would be able to get a judgment. Is their a way some type of lien could be put against the home Mr & Mrs. Deadbeat reside in? It might not be worth a lot, but since the parents will never teach them responsibility and accountability, someone should.

Proserpina

This is regarding the same deadbeat couple I asked my original question in this thread https://forum.freeadvice.com/small-claims-courts-24/travel-required-can-done-mail-other-means-562638.html

As stated, the house the deadbeat couple live in is in the parents name. Parent's own house lived in also in parents name. No doubt I would be able to get a judgment. Is their a way some type of lien could be put against the home Mr & Mrs. Deadbeat reside in? It might not be worth a lot, but since the parents will never teach them responsibility and accountability, someone should.

Not a chance.

You cannot obtain a lien against someone else's property like that.

HomeGuru

**A: and how would you go about doing that? You can't put a lien on the parent's home.

Jendor

**A: and how would you go about doing that? You can't put a lien on the parent's home.
More or less what I asking, how and if it was at all possible. If I knew all the laws and such, I wouldn't be here in these forums looking for advice.

Jendor

Surprisingly, no the parents of ones who have a home, and were kind enough to have Mr & Mrs Deadbeats mortgage in their(parents) name are working folks, but sadly go and blindly enable their deadbeat children. One of the deadbeats has a part time job to support their drug habit.

I never would have loaned them anything had I known them at the time as well as I do now.

It does sound like from advice I'm getting in these forums (thank you folks) that I'm probably screwed out of the money, unless someone on her knows something I haven't thought of or don't know yet.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">