• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Counter Suig

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

abobe407407

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? MI

I would like to have valid reason to win a counter suit. Here is the situation the plantiff is bringing me to court on an agreement in which they did not adhere to in 4 line items.

I receive harrasing automated collection calls and letters. I responded to collection letter and ask for collection to cease because agreement was cancelled by me. Yet the plantiff continued to activity pursue me. In my letter i ask plantiff to cease all collection action because it was cancelled an any more attempt would be malicious.

I can I win cost of preparation, gas, collection harassment,time spent dealing with this matter, ect Damages for having a public record against my name.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? MI

I would like to have valid reason to win a counter suit. Here is the situation the plantiff is bringing me to court on an agreement in which they did not adhere to in 4 line items.

I receive harrasing automated collection calls and letters. I responded to collection letter and ask for collection to cease because agreement was cancelled by me. Yet the plantiff continued to activity pursue me. In my letter i ask plantiff to cease all collection action because it was cancelled an any more attempt would be malicious.

I can I win cost of preparation, gas, collection harassment,time spent dealing with this matter, ect Damages for having a public record against my name.
Those things are not something you can be compensated for. Furthermore, the creditor is well within his rights to avail himself of the court system to attempt to collect payment on a debt that he reasonably believes is owed him.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">