• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

counterclaim for distress/harassment??

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

helppleasee

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Ohio

About three weeks ago my ex and I broke up and I moved back with my parents. To make a long story short, he's been blowing up my cell phone. He told me that he has herpes and hep c. This was news to me. I now have to get tested. He lives 5 hours away and he drove to my place of work and sat in the parking lot for about four hours waiting for me to arrive. He has also made two fake facebook pages with provocative pictures of me and wrote that I have herpes and I'm trying to spread it around. He then made two ads on craigslist saying I have a room for rent and phones for sale. On one of them he posted my home address. I requested and was granted a protective order. The calls and texts continued until he was served. The local police department took my phone to extract all the messages to investigate any possible criminal charges. He's now taking me to small claims court for $85. Can I file a counterclaim for emotional distress or harassment? Or at the very least make him pay for the cost of STD testing?

cosine

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Ohio

About three weeks ago my ex and I broke up and I moved back with my parents. To make a long story short, he's been blowing up my cell phone. He told me that he has herpes and hep c. This was news to me. I now have to get tested. He lives 5 hours away and he drove to my place of work and sat in the parking lot for about four hours waiting for me to arrive. He has also made two fake facebook pages with provocative pictures of me and wrote that I have herpes and I'm trying to spread it around. He then made two ads on craigslist saying I have a room for rent and phones for sale. On one of them he posted my home address. I requested and was granted a protective order. The calls and texts continued until he was served. The local police department took my phone to extract all the messages to investigate any possible criminal charges. He's now taking me to small claims court for $85. Can I file a counterclaim for emotional distress or harassment? Or at the very least make him pay for the cost of STD testing?
Since you have the protective order, already, if he does anything in violation of that order, you can have him arrested and jailed on contempt. As for the small claims, contest it. If it goes to trial, show up with your evidence about that specific issue and do not try to raise anything else (that court will only be deciding that one issue).

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">