• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

county law

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

H

hopeless in IN

What is the name of your state? IN

Can anyone tell me where to find info on small claims for my county. It's Allen County, IN and I can't find anything on the internet. I want to see about garnishment orders and other stuff we can do to collect our money. I thought that it was probably different in each county. Also, this girl is telling us that she doesn't have a job. What else can we do to get our money. A collection agency? Our garnishment court date is May 19, what will happen when we go. If she says that she doesn't have a job is that that and it's over??? Thanks for your help.

H

hexeliebe

First of all

you need to give the people here MUCH MORE information before receiving any fact-based advice.

I will tell you this however, most small calims courts are in the same building as the circuit courts of the couty and in some jurisdictions you can simply ask the court clerk of your county where the action would be filed.

As for what you can do to recover any judgement against the girl even if she doesn't have a job, that's a little simplier.

First, you have to get a judgement against her for the debt. Then, once you haved that you can apply for a judgement lien against any current and future earnings, property or other personal belongings.

Check with your local jurisdiction as to what you can place a lien on but first get the judgement. Without that, unless you are a mechanic or a general contractor, it will be hard to get a lien.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">