• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

couple questions

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

motown68

What is the name of your state? texas My girlfriend and I broken up 2 months ago we had written a cotract that she would pay 350 a month for the car that was in my name and also 350 a month for the rent of the apartment till the lease was up. This contarct was witness also. Surprise she has paid one month and only 350 this month she says why should she have to pay the rent. My question is since she only paid half is the whole contract breached? Also how long do i have to wait to reposes the car? She now lives in Nebraska. Also if I take her to small claims would it have to be in texas or Nebraska? Thanks

JETX

My question is since she only paid half is the whole contract breached?
Yes.

Also how long do i have to wait to reposes the car?
Unless your contract includes a security interest in the car, you have no right to repossession.
However, if the vehicle is in your name, either individually or jointly, you can certainly take possession of YOUR car when you want.

She now lives in Nebraska. Also if I take her to small claims would it have to be in texas or Nebraska?
You can file in either state, but if you file in Texas and win, you will have to domesticate that judgment into Nebraska where her assets are presumably located.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">