• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Court order.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Thisperson

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Indiana

Hello,I have a question about getting a court order,you see,I need a copy of my birth certificate,but I have no id,I went to the official website for the county I was born in.

Here:http://www.co.monroe.in.us/tsd/Community/HealthDepartment/BirthandDeathCertificates.aspx

After it shows what documents you can use as id,it says.

If none of these documents can be obtained a court order stating “Monroe County Health Department must release the birth certificate to the individual named in order” has to be acquired

I was wondering if anyone here has gotten a birth certificate this way before,and if so,could you tell me what I would have to do to get the right court order?

aside from going to a court house of course.

Thank you for your time.

LdiJ

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Indiana

Hello,I have a question about getting a court order,you see,I need a copy of my birth certificate,but I have no id,I went to the official website for the county I was born in.

Here:http://www.co.monroe.in.us/tsd/Community/HealthDepartment/BirthandDeathCertificates.aspx

After it shows what documents you can use as id,it says.

If none of these documents can be obtained a court order stating “Monroe County Health Department must release the birth certificate to the individual named in order” has to be acquired

I was wondering if anyone here has gotten a birth certificate this way before,and if so,could you tell me what I would have to do to get the right court order?

aside from going to a court house of course.

Thank you for your time.
You cannot get a court order without going to court.

justalayman

I don't think anybody understands what you are actually asking. What kind of information are you seeking concerning this particular type of order?

basically what you will have to do is file an action with the court seeking them to issue an order to release a birth certificate to you. To obtain the order you will be required to prove you are who you claim to be. They court is not going to issue an order simply upon your request without proof of your identity.

I would suggest starting with contacting the court clerk in your county and asking them for any information they can provide. While they cannot provide legal advice they can be a great source of information regarding the processes required to take many actions. They may be able to assist you in this process.

Indiana Filer

You need to go to the Monroe County Clerk's Office and file a Petition. What I would highly recommend is to go to Legal Aid and have them help you craft the Petition, or tell you alternative info on how to get the birth certificate. Are you in Bloomington, or nearby? Legal Aid is on the second floor at College Square at 214 S. College in Bloomington.

Indianalegalservices . org (without the spaces, of course)

You don't have any ID?

Thisperson

You need to go to the Monroe County Clerk's Office and file a Petition. What I would highly recommend is to go to Legal Aid and have them help you craft the Petition, or tell you alternative info on how to get the birth certificate. Are you in Bloomington, or nearby? Legal Aid is on the second floor at College Square at 214 S. College in Bloomington.

Indianalegalservices . org (without the spaces, of course)

You don't have any ID?
No,I don't have any id,I need the birth certificate so I can get id,anyway thanks,I'll doing what you and the last person said,if I can't get the court order,than I know another way I can get my birth certificate,but might take considerably longer.

Indiana Filer

No,I don't have any id,I need the birth certificate so I can get id,anyway thanks,I'll doing what you and the last person said,if I can't get the court order,than I know another way I can get my birth certificate,but might take considerably longer.
When were you last in school?

tranquility

I know you have to go to court,but Can you tell me anything about this particular court order?

I haven't been able to find any information about it on google.
When you want the court to force the government to do something, you are looking at a writ of mandamus. While I'm sure it is possible for a pro se with the right facts to get one, I think in your situation it might be best to seek out the aid of an attorney.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
We went over this at length just under two weeks ago:

https://forum.freeadvice.com/juvenile-law-90/im-sorry-if-wrong-place-question-but-i-need-advice-608123.html

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">