• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Couterclaims and Self Representation (Canada)

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

WhisperBlade

Hello Forums:

I have a few questions, and I would truly appreciate it someone could shed some light. Thanks in advance!

1. I am involved in a small business lawsuit. The opposing party has put a lean on my property that is of no relevance to this case (The dispute started with a contract in 2001. My property was signed in 2000). Can I alleviate this lean myself without the aid of an attorney? How would one go about doing this?

2. I have already contacted 2 lawyers. The opposing party is suing me because they think that I violated the contract first. I have strong enough evidence that this is false, and that they violated the contract. However, the lawyers that I sought have complicates this problem tremendously. My questions are: Can I represent myself? Can I draft a counterclaim myself without having a masters degree in law? Where would my counterclaim go?

3. Is it possible for me to consult here to help me out with this case? I'm willing to pay for legal aid and consulting, but I'm only begging that my consultant will be straightforward and honest about his / her opinion. I don't want to be put into a game of law and seek. If anyone can help, I'd truly appreciate it.

Thanks once again.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">