• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Craigslist?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

SilverOrange

Hi, I have a person that recently purchased a computer from me. He asked me questions, I told him EXACTLY what it was, I double checked my texts. I didn't say it was ESATA, I said it was SATA. I also did not say it was USB 3.0, ever. Now he is texting me threatening legal action, for 60 dollars lol. He even came over to my house, checked out what type of motherboard the computer had, ran a program telling him things about it, BEFORE he bought it. Now he wants some money back. I am pretty sure I am covered, but I just wanted to be sure. The only ONLY thing I said, just to try and get him to leave me alone, was this (in a text)
I didn't say it was e sata, I did say it was sata and not ide. Don't know what 6GB hdd means, and it does have USB 3.0 according to this web page (insert link here)

It turns out I misread that web page, it had something else that made it function as fast as 3.0, but this was long after he purchased it. I did not tell him it had it BEFORE he purchased it.

Opinions?
Thanks!

justalayman

you either negotiate a settlement or tell him to leave you alone. At that point, he can either accept things as they are or sue you in small claims court.

to the e sata: your info supports you

to the USB 3.0: not sure since you are not clear whether you told him it had usb 3.0 or not. If you did, it could be a problem. If you didn't, they he has no claim based on that

I have no idea what you are referring to with the 6GB HDD. You just kind of tossed that in there with no explanation.

OHRoadwarrior

If the person is going to roll the dice spending by half the amount he is suing you for on court fees, he is not to bright anyway. Tell him to pound sand and see what happens.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">