• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Craigslist sale gone wrong

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

GI joe

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? New Jersey

Alright so about 20 days ago I sold a guy on craigslist an amp and subs that I bought for 450$ I have the reciept about a month ago before selling. I am in the army, and I needed to sell it for some extra cash ya know?

So anyway I sell it to him for 350$ with 100$ discount since I had it for a month, and It was sold as is to him.

Anyway I took 300$ at first, and promised another 50$ when he got payed that friday, and I did recieve the money. Brought him to my house as I was disconnecting everything when he was on his way, and my neighbor heard it all working. When he got their he bought it all as is without hearing it at all. I mean I brought him to my house gave my number, and told him my name I was not selling him anything broken.

Now heres where things go wrong altogether, and I mean that. He texts me about 3 days about paying me the 50$ and says the subs voice coils are blown and will only last 30 more days, and then says he got it professionally done. Then he said it blew his headunit up and all. Then he says he is coming to my house he wants his money I understand. I told him he got it installed wrong and it was his fault as it was in condition to be sold when I sold it to him, and it all worked.

Now the fishy part is

ONE: He said he did this professionally, but had someone else do it for him instead of doing it himself, and payed them to do it... He knew that it was blown but still installed it? Does not make much sense to me?

TWO: He bought it from me as is without hearing it? His fault?

Three: He said in the police report the amp and subs are broken, but in the text he said the amp was fine? and just dosent want it anymore so he is just out for money altogether?

FOUR: He said that the subs were gonna last 30 days then all of a sudden its blown completely? I think he tried setting it up and ****ed it up himself personally?

Now in court as far as I know craigslist does not come with a warrenty or refund, and he bought it knowing that it was used for over a month.

Now for my sake what should I expect in small small claims court tomorrow as I have the proof I only payed 450$ when it was brand new, but he is suing me for 468.00$? And if he got it professionally done and they blew up all his car electronics wouldn't it be their fault for that?

I'm just nervous because I feel like I am being scammed here

If my info did make sense please ask me more as I wanna be prepared tomorrow

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">