• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Crazy cheer drama

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Kjahenso

cheer practice tonight (very laid back and not instructor led at the time of the incident). She found a phone on the cheer mat in the floor so she picked it up and aske the coach if it was his. He told her no, so she held onto it for about 5 minutes. She pushed the buttons a few times to see if she could tell whos it was...but it was locked. It ended up being an older cheerleaders phone, he saw her with it and asked for it back. He noticed his screen protector was cracked and my daughter stated that is what it looked like when she picked it up of the floor...and that she didnt do anything to it.
So here is my question:
The mother of the older cheerleader and the cheerleader feel like my daughter broke the phone (although no one saw her do anything to it other than hold it in her hands) and they feel i should pay them 500.0o to replace it. The cheerleader says he left his phone on a table, not on the floor...and he thinks my daughter must have taken it and broke it. My daughter (who has her own phone, computer, kindle, etc...and has NEVER broken a single electronic device in her life) swears she never harmed it in anyway...it was the way she found it. I believe her. She is not malicious and I can tell if she has something to hide. I agree she should have never picked the phone up, and we had a long conversation about it but I do not feel we are responsible for replacing the phone. They called me, yelled and screamed at me, threatened to take me to court and I have asked them numerous times tonight to stop contacting me...to which they have not done so.
Do they have a case against us at all? I feel like this is ridiculous and her sons phone shouldnt have been left out for anyone to grab... forthermore, my daughter says she found it on the floor and anyone could have taken it or stepped on it, etc.

Kjahenso

My 9 year old daughter was a t cheer practice tonight (very laid back and not instructor led at the time of the incident). She found a phone on the cheer mat in the floor so she pucked it up and aske the coach if it was his. He told her no, so she held onto it for about 5 minutes. She pushed the buttons a few times to see if she could tell whos it was...but it was locked. It ended up being an older cheerleaders phone, he saw her with it and asked for it back. He noticed his screen protector was cracked and my daughter stated that is what it looked like when she picked it up of the floor...and that she didnt do anything to it.
So here is my question:
The mother of the older cheerleader and the cheerleader feel like my daughter broke the phone (although no one saw her do anything to it other than hold it in her hands) and they feel i should pay them $500.00 to replace it. The cheerleader says he left his phone on a table, not on the floor...and he thinks my daughter must have taken it and broke it. My daughter (who has her own phone, computer, kindle, etc...and has NEVER broken a single electronic device in her life) swears she never harmed it in anyway...it was the way she found it. I believe her. She is not malicious and I can tell if she has something to hide. I agree she should have never picked the phone up, and we had a long conversation about it but I do not feel we are responsible for replacing the phone. They called me, yelled and screamed at me, threatened to take me to court and I have asked them numerous times tonight to stop contacting me...to which they have not done so.
Do they have a case against us at all? I feel like this is ridiculous and her sons phone shouldnt have been left out for anyone to grab... forthermore, my daughter says she fpund it on the floor and anyone could have taken it or stepped on it, etc.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">