• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Credit Card Company is sueing

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Sweetielynn

Florida
A credit card company is sueing me. The amount is $834. I never recived a bill,or remember even having the credit card. But all of a sudden i got served today. I want to know if I call them and offer to pay the amount in full at once,are the able to dismiss the case. That way I dont have to go to court,and I can settle this matter privetly.
Also since it has gone so far,could I send them two post dated checks,for half and half. I just want to know.

JETX

Sweetielynn said:
Florida
A credit card company is sueing me. The amount is $834. I never recived a bill,or remember even having the credit card. But all of a sudden i got served today. I want to know if I call them and offer to pay the amount in full at once,are the able to dismiss the case. That way I dont have to go to court,and I can settle this matter privetly.
Also since it has gone so far,could I send them two post dated checks,for half and half. I just want to know.
Strange post. You claim no knowledge of this debt.... yet seem willing to pay several hundred dollars for it to go away??!!

In any case, since you are obviously liable for this debt (protests aside), contact the creditors attorney and make arrangements to pay the debt in return for a dismissal of the lawsuit.

Sweetielynn

Thanks,
And What I ment was I remember having the card,just not when. I just wanted to know If it can be paied and I wont have to go to court. I had some problems with my credit report when I was younger. They say I had a few credit cards when I was a minor. So I guess my next question is to find out when that account was opend. And if it was before I turned 18. I owe nothing. I left a message on thier answering machine, Im just waiting for a call back. Thanks for you help

JETX

Sweetielynn said:
And if it was before I turned 18. I owe nothing.
Sorry, but that is NOT true.
If you used the card at ANY time after your 18th birthday, then the debt is valid.... and not subject to 'recision by minor'.

Sweetielynn

Basically I need to find out what i need to do,and I didnt use the credit card after I was 18. Because on the paper it says that the last transaction was sometime in early 2001,i didnt turn 18 till end of 2001.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">