• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Credit Card Debt

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Oneblckbeauty

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CA

I had to take my ex husband to court for our credit card debt and a year of fighting, I won!!. The court order states as follows " The "EX" owes credit card debt in the amount of $10,000 at $200.00 or more per month with 10% interest beginning 04/01.

What i need advice on is.
1. Does he have to pay me at the fist of every month? Or he just owes it on the first and can pay anytime he wants as long as it is that month?
2. What does this party mean??? :confused:$200.00 or more per month with 10% interest beginning 04/01.:confused:
He thinks its $220.00 per month for 50 months. I have explained to him he is not paying any interest.
I thought I was to get $200.00 per month and 10%. He thinks you pay 10% on the payment of $200.00, and that is why he is paying $220.00 per month..
Please help me understand this court order, so that i can explain it to him, and get all my money.

It's the same thing

if you do the math it comes out to be the same thing:

10% of $10,000 is $1,000

$200 + 10% = $220 x 50 = $11,000 - oringal amount = $1,000

Either way you will get all money due to you.

antrc170

interest beginning on 04/01?? that date doesn't make sense. In any event, the interest unless othersise stated in the order is generally termed to mean the APR for the balance.

Oneblckbeauty

Credit Card Dept

The Payment were to start 04/01/2010.

Would it be to my advantage to put the amount in a credit card calculator and and send him the results so he can see for himself that he is wrong, and that he will have to pay the interest.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">