• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

credit card fruad?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

N

notafraud

What is the name of your state? Oklahoma.
Before my wife and I divorced, we cut up a credit card that was in her name, i was a user. While doing my student teaching I called to get another card sent to me as I had no income. I used the card w/o her knowledge then she said she was leaving. There was a $1300.00 balance and we owed nearly $5000.00 in taxes. I used the card to pay the taxes and live off of during my student teaching. I made her aware of this at that time. She had our joint card and was using it and paying on it. I have paid on the card every since, over $5,000.00 worth. Times got tough and I'm behind. I will pay past due anount with in 2 weeks. She is wanting to purchase a home and wants the debt off her credit and out of her name. The card company will not talk to me since the card is in her name. She is threatening to charge me with fruad if i do not fax her a letter sayint that I activatied the account and made all tranactions without her knowlege by monday. Willing to pay but do not want to say that she did not know I was using the card. Would like it in my name also but don't know how to transfere it. Lost house after divorce so credit is damaged. Am I a fraud?? Can she file criminal charges?

stephenk

did you let your ex know you were using the card after you already paid the taxes and used it to live off of? If yes, then you are a fraud.

stephenk

"Before my wife and I divorced, we cut up a credit card that was in her name, i was a user. "

So you both reached an agreement that this particular line of credit was no longer to be used, correct?

"While doing my student teaching I called to get another card sent to me as I had no income. I used the card w/o her knowledge..."

Fraud!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">