• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Customer won't pay me for the work I've done

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

fullthrottletre

I do some tree work for a customer the day before Hurricane Matthew came to Florida I offered to give her a free estimate before I started to work he said no go ahead and do the work and send me the bill so I did the work hurricane pass I gave her a bill and now she won't pay what can I do to get my money

LdiJ

I do some tree work for a customer the day before Hurricane Matthew came to Florida I offered to give her a free estimate before I started to work he said no go ahead and do the work and send me the bill so I did the work hurricane pass I gave her a bill and now she won't pay what can I do to get my money
You put a contractor's lien on her property and then sue her in small claims court for the value of the work that you did. You make sure that the price you are charging is valid before you do so.

quincy

You can sue the customer. I hope you have evidence of the work you did, to use in court to support your bill.

Did the homeowner say why she will not pay?

In the future, always have a written and signed agreement with your customers. It can avoid problems.

(thank you for starting your own thread :))

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">