• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

damage to car from a car wash

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

larvizu

What is the name of your state? Texas

I took my vehicle to a well known car wash in my neighborhood. After they finished washing my car, I entered my car and noticed that the arm rest was broken. I did not leave, and immediately spoke with the manager who inspected the damage, and told me that he could not determine that they were the ones who broke the arm rest. I explained that I was positive it was not broken before. He told me to take it to the dealership to confirm that the part was broken. I did confirm with the dealership that the part was broken and got an estimate of the cost to replace the part, and took it to the manager of the car wash. He again told me the same thing that he could not determine the part was broken by them. Apparently it is my word against theirs, and they are not wanting to take responsibility for the damage. Is there anything else I can do to make them replace the part?

racer72

The manager is correct, you have no proof the damage was caused by the carwash. If they paid your claim, they would have to pay the claim for everybody that claimed thier car was damaged whether is happened at the carwash or not. File a claim with your insurance using your comprehensive coverage, if they feel the damage was caused by the carwash, they will go after them for the money.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">